We are delighted to announce the introduction of Light House Shorts!
At Light House Shorts we will show a selection of short films on the big screen. Tickets are available to everyone and will be €7.50 or €6 (concession) online or at the box office. All proceeds will be donated to The Capuchin Day Centre, Bow St, Dublin 7. If you would like the opportunity to screen your short film as part of the programme, please read the application details below.
Apply online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Postal address
- Your Phone number
- Film title
- Film Duration in minutes
- A short Film synopsis (150 words max)
Applications must be received 14 days before the screening (deadlines are below). Applicants will be selected by lottery. Applicants may submit as many films as they wish and those who are not successful on any month are encouraged to reapply.
Please note, dates are subject to change at short notice.
Terms and Conditions
- Incomplete applications (eg, not containing all the information requested above) will not be considered for inclusion in the programme.
- Applications received after the application date will be considered for the following month
- Successful applicants will need to send a DVD (quicktime movie file, dimensions 2048 x 1080) to the Light House 7 days prior to the screening. DVDs are not to be sent until the applicant has received confirmation of acceptance via e mail.
- You may not use any copyrighted material in your Film, including without limitation soundtracks and footage belonging to third parties used without their consent (eg. you should not use a commercial sound recording).
- If a submitted Film is deemed by the Light House to be in breach of copyright or potentially libelous, offensive or otherwise unlawful in any way we reserve the rights not to screen said Film without prior warning.
- The Light House accepts no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt.
- DVDs received shall not be returned.
- Applicants agree to have their Film screened at the Lighthouse without receiving any form of compensation.
- The Light House reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to modify or cancel the screening without notice.
- By submitting a Film, all entrants are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.