Effective Date: August 25, 2011
- Telephone: 01 8728006
- Mail: Market Square, Smithfield, Dublin 7
Personal Information We Collect
Lighthouse Cinema and its employees, servants, agents, contractors, service providers, partners and representatives may collect Personal Information under certain circumstances, such as:
- Contact Information (e.g. name, home address, home telephone number or e-mail address);
- Credit or Debit Card Information (e.g. when purchasing theatre tickets or other products or services);
- Information relevant to a particular service you request (e.g. the age and gender of a child or other person where you request our birthday party services);
- Survey Responses (e.g. when you provide your name in order to take advantage of various benefits for participating in a survey, or when you consent to us contacting you about your comments);
- Preferences and other Personal Information provided by you on our Website (e.g. including but not limited to local theatre preferences, favourite movie genres, movie reviews, blogging comments and personal biographical information such as your age and gender);
- Credit Card and other information provided for the purchase of services or products (e.g. your name, your credit card number, expiry date and 3-digit CVS code).
- Job Applications (e.g. such information as you provide to us when you apply for a job: (i) by sending us a resume; (ii) by submitting a job application on our Website; or (iii) by submitting a job application through a third party website.
Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use Personal Information for a number of purposes:
- Tickets, Bookings: Personal contact and credit/debit card information will be used by Lighthouse Cinema to process your purchases and reservations (for example, box office/ATM theatre purchases, advance tickets, special event bookings). For event bookings, such as birthday parties, the child's name, age and gender will be used to organize the event. In these cases, credit/debit card information is only used for the purposes required to process and complete the transaction and/or service requested by you, and is only retained in transaction records required for internal management and auditing purposes or as otherwise required by law, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
- Theatre Administration: Your name, address and phone number will be stored by us should you provide such information when you use our lost-and-found services. Also, your name, address and phone number may be collected and used by Lighthouse Cinema for audit and refund verification purposes when you request a ticket refund. We may require identification to be provided to establish a person's age for age-restricted movies or age restricted ticket purchases. We may also require identification such as a valid driver's license or similar government issued identification to provide you with special theatre equipment, such as technical equipment for our blind, visually impaired or our deaf or hard of hearing theatre guests. Lighthouse Cinema monitors its premises, electronically and otherwise, for crime deterrence and detection purposes, to which you implicitly consent when you visit our theatres. In the event of accident or theft, Lighthouse Cinema may collect, use and disclose information related to the incident or theft as required for operational, insurance, legal or other necessary purposes.
- Contests/Benefits: Lighthouse Cinema runs contests, in our theatres, with our various business partners and through our Website. We require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address (for online entries) and we may also require proof of your age for the purposes of determining eligibility, prize notification and fulfilment and related purposes in connection with the contest. Contact information may be required to administer other benefits our visitors and /or guests have requested or accepted.
- Other Uses: We may also use Personal Information, where necessary, for:
- establishing, maintaining and/or fulfilling relationships with our business partners, third-party vendors of products and/or services, as well as our corporate and business customers; evaluating Job applications or resumes which are sent to us (either by mail, electronic mail, through our Website, or via third party websites which advertise or list job openings) all of which are forwarded to our Human Resources Department or the relevant theatre(s) for consideration; conducting operating, administering and otherwise managing our business, to satisfy legal, regulatory, security, audit, financial and processing requirements, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information collected by Lighthouse Cinema is not disclosed to other parties, except as follows:
"www.lighthousecinema.ie" and the Internet
Individuals who provide us with their telephone numbers online will only be telephoned by us with respect to orders, contests or other products or services that they have requested online. If you make inquiries of Lighthouse Cinema directly by e-mail, or through our Website, these inquiries are forwarded to the relevant department and are not used for other purposes, or stored (other than maintaining a record of our correspondence with you).
Unsubscribe / Deletion Requests
The nature of the internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about each individualís use of the internet. This information may be associated with an individualís Internet Protocol ("IP") address. This is a unique internet "address" which is assigned to all internet users by their Internet Service Provider ("ISP"). Our server logs record statistical information, such as visitors' IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, webpages requested, as well as identifying categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. Lighthouse Cinema only uses these statistics on an aggregate basis in order for us to improve our Website.
For each visit to our Website, cookies may be used by our server to recognize you where you have indicated your preference to be automatically logged in.
You may disable cookies using your browser's settings. Please consult your browser's help function for information on how to disable cookies. Note that if you disable cookies, certain features of our Website will not function to their fullest potential.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, Lighthouse Cinema or its service providers place ads on our webpages. As a result of your visit to our site, or by clicking on these ads, we may collect passive information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
On our Website we store subscriber and password information in a secure manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind password protection, or off-line. We endeavor to use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our website.
We protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Lighthouse Cinema and its employees, servants, agents, contractors, legal, accounting or other service providers, partners, representatives and mandataries who require access to your Personal Information in order to fulfill their job requirements will have access to your Personal Information. You transmit or provide all Personal Information entirely at your own risk.
Consent to Transfer
Lighthouse Cinema's Website is operated on equipment located in Canada. If you are located in the United States of America, European Union or elsewhere outside Canada, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Canada. By visiting www.lighthousecinema.ie, purchasing our products or services, participating in our online community and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. Regardless of your location, we shall protect your Personal Information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, including safeguards to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Please note that the Personal Information which you provide to us will be held and used in accordance with such Canadian federal or provincial laws as exist from time to time, and as are applicable.
Note to Parents/Children's Privacy
Protecting children's privacy is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect information on our website from those children we actually know are under 13 years of age. In addition, no part of our website is targeted to attract anyone under 13 years of age. We request that children under 13 years of age do not disclose or provide any Personal Information. If we discover such information, we will delete the child's Personal Information from our records. If for any reason we believe a user may be under the age of 13 we reserve the right to request proof of age of such user. If such proof is not provided, or if it is discovered a user is under the age of 13 all Personal Information of that user shall be deleted from our servers and associated systems and we reserve the right to limit and/or ban such user from our Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Lighthouse Cinema may from time to time conduct, sponsor, co-sponsor or participate in contests and/or promotions which may be open to entrants of all ages, including children under the age of 13. During such contests and/or promotions Lighthouse Cinema makes special efforts to encourage children to consult with their parents before providing Personal Information and in each case parental consent must be obtained in order for any such entry or participation to be valid. Lighthouse Cinema also believes that parents should supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools, available from online services and software manufacturers, to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools may also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other Personal Information without parental permission. For additional information about parental control tools, please visit http://www.icra.org/_en/parents
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
- Telephone: 01 8728006
- Mail: Market Square, Smithfield, Dublin 7